Random Thoughts #2
Here’re some half-baked thoughts in my notebook.
- I admire people who ask serious questions. What makes humans different from other animals? How did we end up with this political system? How does population density affect urban design? How does media influence the human mind? What is consciousness? What is death? These questions with no correct answers are usually the best ones.
- Acquiring new skills often starts from learning what and how to observe. I used to draw like a 6-year-old, but now I can draw like an adult. All thanks to my Drawing 101 course that taught me how to spot and focus on details.
- Serious writers are skilled readers.
- Master bakers use all five senses to assess the dough.
- Listening to a podcast is like reading non-fiction. Listening to music is like reading fiction.